Health Insurance Policy at CU-Boulder
CU-Boulder has a policy requiring all students have a health insurance plan during their time at CU. You must select or waive the university insurance by the semester deadline or you will be automatically enrolled in the Student Gold Health Insurance Plan and billed the semester premium. You can view the policy here.
If you already have health insurance:
- You can select the Wardenburg Campus Care supplemental plan which provides basic health care coverage on campus for $175/semester with no additional out-of-pocket costs;
- You can do some research to see if the Student Gold Health Insurance Plan might better fit your student's health care needs; or
- You can waive all university coverage and rely on your policy only. Please keep in mind that Wardenburg Health Center does not bill non-university insurance plans.
If you do not have health insurance:
- You can select the Student Gold Health Insurance Plan, that provides coverage on campus and comprehensive nationwide coverage with low out-of-pocket costs; or
- You can waive the Gold Plan however, you must purchase an individual plan before the start of the semester.
Students must select or waive the university insurance online by the semeseter deadline. For instructions click here.