Who is Eligible?
- Highly motivated students who are legally independent (or wards of the state)
- Qualify for "Independent Student Status" under federal, state, and university financial aid guidelines
- Qualify as a Colorado resident (exceptions made on a case-by-case basis)
- Is low-income, 1st generation, or has a documented disability
- Currently enrolled at the CU-Boulder main campus
- Meet with your Program Coordinator or Guardian Scholars Mentor at least 3 times in the fall and 3 times in the spring semesters
- Attend 3 study skills, financial literacy, career, graduate school or personal development seminars provided by Guardian Scholars per semester
- Attend Community/Family Dinners
- Attend Community Service Retreats
To be eligible for additional scholarship, students need to meet the above requirement AND maintain at least a 2.5 GPA each semester.
Eligible students are enouraged to apply by submitting the TRiO Student Support Services Program Application. Submit completed application to email@example.com or submit in person to the TRiO Office at 259 Fleming. Questions? Contact: (303) 492-3842.