Who is Eligible?
- Highly motivated students who are legally independent (or wards of the state)
- Admissible based on criteria established by CU-Boulder's Office of Admissions as a freshman, transfer applicant, or current CU-Boulder student
- Current CU-Boulder students
- Qualify for "Independent Student Status" under federal, state, and university financial aid guidelines
- Qualify as a Colorado resident (exceptions made on a case-by-case basis)
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Enroll in 12 semester-hours and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the Office of Financial Aid (unless a formal leave of absence is granted)
- Fully participate in all aspects of the Guardian Scholars Program, including meetings, events, study halls, etc.
- Only scheduled classes and special circumstances are considered acceptable absences. In these cases, two weeks prior written notice must be given.
- Abide by all university standards for appropriate conduct and behavior
- Allow monitoring of university records and academic performance via progress reports by Guardian Scholars staff
- In collaboration with the Guardian Scholars staff, participate in academic and support services, as recommended
Eligible students who will enroll into the University of Colorado at Boulder for the fall 2013 school term are strongly encouraged to apply for the Guardian Scholars Program.
For more information, please contact the Guardian Scholar's Program, housed within the TRiO Student Support Services Program.