--Summer construction hotspots: Pleasant Street and Norlin Quad--
The east end of Pleasant Street will close to vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle traffic beginning May 18 in order to accommodate utilities work. The closure will run from Macky Drive (across from Humanities) to the cul-de-sac near the Rec Center plaza. Macky Drive will remain open, allowing traffic to turn west onto Pleasant Street. The street will reopen in mid-August as a multiuse path.
Please be prepared for construction activity in the area. Pedestrians and bicyclists are asked to detour around Sewall Field or through Norlin Quad. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
In addition, expect to see ongoing construction activity on the sidewalk in front of Norlin Library from May 11 through early August as a water utilities project progresses.
--Stadium Drive Closed--
Stadium Drive is currently closed to all pedestrian traffic and unauthorized vehicles. The purpose of the closure is to maintain safety for campus users during the Athletics construction project. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes to students, faculty and staff who use Stadium Drive to access campus, as we realize that alternative routes and time adjustments will be required. A newly-renovated version of the road will reopen in January 2016 when the Athletics project wraps up.
The road closure runs from Folsom Avenue to the east side of Dal Ward. Signs and maps are posted indicating alternative routes to campus via Folsom & Colorado and, for pedestrians, the 19th Street trail across Boulder Creek. In addition, construction personnel are on hand to direct pedestrians and drivers to campus.
Note that drivers are allowed access to Stadium Drive in order to reach affected parking lots, including the metered parking in Lot 394.
You may have noticed there’s a flurry of construction going on in the vicinity of Folsom Field as we upgrade the university's Athletics facilities. The project, which runs through January 2016, includes refurbishing the Dal Ward Athletic Center, adding a new indoor practice facility and constructing an addition to Folsom Field as well as new seating areas. We are aware that construction activity has community impacts and we will be conscious of this throughout the project. To find weekly construction schedules and information, visit the Weekly Construction Update and Live Webcam. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lot 416 south of Coors Event Center is closed as Grounds & Recycling have temporarily relocated there through June 2015.
- Expect ongoing activity east of Regent Drive AutoPark in Lots 436/494 for construction of a new permanent facility for Grounds & Recycling.
- Ongoing construction hotspots include Ketchum Arts & Sciences, which is under renovation; the Rec Center entrance area; and the East District Energy Plant north of Coors Event Center. On East Campus, watch for construction near the McAllister Building as the Sustainability, Energy, and Environment Complex (SEEC) takes shape.
- Campus Construction Map (May 2015)
- Campus Construction Project List (May 2015)
- CU-Boulder Self-Guided Tour and Campus Map
- Parking maps (Parking & Transportation Services)
- Alphabetical list of major buildings and facilities
- City of Boulder Cone Zones - Construction and Traffic Impacts
Is there something on campus that we've missed? Something you think we can improve? Please send comments and concerns to email@example.com.