Minimum Requirements for Admission
All persons seeking admission to the MA-SMBF program must meet the following minimum admission requirements. Admission to all graduate programs in the School of Education is competitive. Meeting minimal admission criteria does not guarantee admission.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum 2.75 undergraduate grade point average (GPA), and in all previous course work in Education.
- Have a minimum 3.0 post-baccalaureate GPA.
- Must be certified as an elementary or secondary teacher (exclusive of art, music, and PE). Certified secondary teachers are required to have course work in methods of teaching reading and mathematics, or take such courses in addition to the course work required for the degree.
- Must have a minimum of one year of teaching experience, or verified experience working with children with special needs.
Persons interested in this program must seek admission to the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Boulder.
*The University no longer offers a paper application. Please contact the School of Education if you have difficulty with the online application at email@example.com.
The following documents contain information about grades, grade point averages, time limits, independent study/readings credits, deadlines, and other relevant topics. Please consult them for additional information about School of Education graduate programs and all required coursework.
The following are the deadlines for submitting complete application materials.
- Summer Term and Fall Semester—February 1
- Spring Semester—September 1
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure Programs
- Partners in Education (PIE) Program