CU-Boulder's Homecoming Weekend Is Oct. 15-18!
We have a full lineup of old and new traditions that appeal to all age groups. Highlights include our Alumni Awards ceremony and reception, Back to Boulder BBQ and Buffs on Tap featuring beer tastings from our local alumni craft brewers, the CU stampede and parade on Pearl Street on Friday evening and our pre-game tailgate Ralphie’s Corral on game day. Don’t miss out on our most memorable Homecoming yet! Click on the tabs below to find out more information about the weekend's events.
Schedule at a Glance
If your department has an event to add to our schedule, you can register it here.
Thursday, Oct. 15
Glenn Miller Ballroom, University Memorial Center
Registration 5:45 p.m.
Ceremony 6:30 p.m.
Reception 7:45 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 16
St. Julian Hotel
Back to Boulder Barbecue and Buffs on Tap Event
Koenig Alumni Center
|12:30 p.m.-4 p.m.|
|Koenig Alumni Center Open House||8 a.m.-5 p.m.|
Buff Bash and Homecoming Stampede/Parade
The Lazy Dog on the Pearl Street Mall
5 p.m.-7 p.m. Buff Bash
6:30 p.m. Parade
7:30 p.m. Pep Rally
Young Alumni Reunion and Pub Crawl
The Lazy Dog on the Pearl Street Mall
Saturday, Oct. 17
Young Alumni Tailgate at Ralphie's Corral
|Three hours prior to kickoff|
|Three hours prior to kickoff|
Homecoming football game versus Arizona
|Kickoff time TBD|
We're glad you are interested in joining us for Homecoming. The CU-Boulder Alumni Association has secured discounts for you and your family to enjoy during your weekend back in Boulder.
Other questions? Please contact Brennan Jones at the Alumni Association at email@example.com.
Make your reservations early and save!
The Alumni Association has secured special discounted rates for our CU-Boulder alumni and friends for Homecoming Weekend. Don’t wait to make your reservations for the weekend of Oct. 15-18 since it will be one of fall’s busiest!
CU-Boulder Alumni Preferred Hotels:
Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street
2280 Junction Place
Boulder, CO 80301
Located just minutes away from downtown Boulder, this brand new hotel is in the perfect spot to visit the city effortlessly. It is ideally situated in Depot Square at Boulder Junction, soon to be the new central hub in Boulder offering trendy restaurants, local shopping experiences and modern living. Getting around town is easy with access to eGo CarShare, Boulder B-cycle and the RTD bus network right outside the front door.
- 10 percent off when booked before September 1
- 5 percent off when booked after September 1
To secure these special rates use discount code: 17099. Restrictions may apply.
For additional lodging options, please visit the Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau for a list of hotels in the area.
Things To Do
Top five things to do in Boulder this fall:
1. Celebrate CU-Boulder’s best by attending the Alumni Association’s Annual Awards Ceremony on Thursday evening at the University Memorial Center on campus.
2. Go for a hike along the Mesa Trail in Chautauqua Friday morning before heading to campus for a barbecue lunch and beer tasting at the Koenig Alumni Center.
3. Buy CU gear at the CU Book Store and receive 20 percent off one regularly priced item with a CU logo.
4. Attend our Buff Bash at the Lazy Dog on Pearl Street with free appetizers while they last before watching the parade and Stampede pep rally Friday night.
5. Join us at the best pregame on campus on Benson Field before you cheer on the Buffs as they play Arizona Saturday.
Get more alumni discounts here.
Congratulations to our 2015 Alumni Association Award Winners!
Please save the date for the second longest standing tradition on the CU-Boulder campus: the 2015 Alumni Awards Ceremony and Reception on Thursday, October 15 at 5:45 pm at the newly renovated Glenn Miller Ballroom at the University Memorial Center. We will honor twelve outstanding alumni, faculty, staff and student award winners for their service and commitment to CU-Boulder and their communities.
The evening will feature a pre-reception with wine and plated appetizers followed by the ceremony in the Glenn Miller Ballroom. Afterwards, join us for heavy appetizers, dessert, a cash bar and live entertainment!
Cost: $20 for adults, free for students with Buff one card.
2015 Alumni Award Recipients:
George Norlin Award
Kalpana Chawla Outstanding Recent Graduate Award
Robert L. Stearns Award
Forever Buffs Student Award
Alumni Recognition Award
|See the previous winners of the George Norlin Award, Robert L. Stearns Award, Alumni Recognition Award, Kalpana Chawla Recent Graduate Award, Leanne Skupa-Lee Award and Forever Buffs Student Award.|
The evening will feature a pre-reception with wine and plated appetizers followed by the ceremony in the Glenn Miller Ballroom. Afterwards, guests are invited to join us for a post-reception featuring heavy appetizers and a cash bar.
Alumni Awards History
The tradition of honoring the University of Colorado Boulder’s best began in 1930 when the Alumni Association wanted to honor the beloved CU President George Norlin and the growing legions of extraordinary alumni. Thus, the George Norlin Award was born.
Since then, the association has been fortunate to recognize several generations of outstanding alumni with the Norlin Award, including President Norlin himself who received his medal in 1939 when he retired after 20 years of presidential service.
In the decades since, the association has added five prestigious awards to honor members of the university community. They include the Leanne Skupa-Lee Award, the Robert L. Stearns Award, the Alumni Recognition Award, the Kalpana Chawla Outstanding Recent Graduate Award and the Forever Buffs Student Award.
These awards are one of the university’s longest standing traditions.
Join us for the Homecoming Game Saturday, Oct. 17!
The 2015 Homecoming Game is against Arizona at Folsom Field on Saturday, Oct. 17. Kickoff will be determined after the season begins, but make plans to be in Boulder and start the day at Ralphie’s Corral pre-game tailgate! We have secured a 20 percent discount for homecoming game tickets.
Tickets are now available for alumni. Use Promo code: 2015ALUMNI
Ralphie’s Corral pre-game tailgate for home games
Open to all Forever Buffs, this free, family-friendly tradition at Benson Field (south of the Benson Earth Sciences Building), begins three hours before kickoff of each home game, including the Homecoming Game against Arizona.
Ralphie’s Corral includes music, children’s games and appearances by the CU marching band, spirit squads and Ralphie!
Concession-style food and drink are available for purchase from Levy and you can buy new Buff gear at the CU Book Store tent.
Key information for CU games at Folsom Field
Tickets – Single-game tickets for CU home games can be purchased here through the CU Athletics Department. Also available are special ticket packages including one for young alumni and a 3-Game Flex Plan.
Parking – Access parking information and maps for Folsom Field.
Stadium guidelines – Know the rules before you go by checking out these policies.
Tailgating guidelines – Review the CU-Boulder Police Department’s complete guide to safe tailgating before you leave for the stadium.
Thinking about planning a reunion during Homecoming? Make the most of the resources the Alumni Association has to offer!
Planning a reunion is as easy as:
1. Register your reunion by July 31 and receive a special reunion kit that will include CU decorations, Homecoming Rally Towels, Back to Boulder Homecoming T-shirts and Stadium Bench Cushions.
2. Work with the Alumni Association to promote your reunion through e-mail, print mail and social networking.
3. Reserve space at the Buff Bash on Pearl St. and get tickets to the Oct. 17 game against Arizona!
Questions? Call or email Sujie Kim at 303-492-3758.
Scheduled Reuinions for Homecoming 2015:
American Indian Alumni Club
Kalee Salazar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Army ROTC Alumni
Nancy McMillen, Nancy.McMillen@colorado.edu
Black Alumni Club
Obinna Onyeali, email@example.com
CU-Boulder Veteran Alumni Club
Rex Laceby, Rex.Laceby@colorado.edu
Presidents Leadership Class Alumni Club
Ashley Emblad, firstname.lastname@example.org
Residence Life Alumni
Reunite with your residence hall staff members this fall! We will share appetizers and stories starting at 6 p.m. We hope to see you there!
Friday, Oct. 16 at 6 p.m.
1002 Walnut St., Boulder CO 80302
RSVP by contacting email@example.com
Colorado Law Homecoming and Reunion Weekend
Oct. 16-17, 2015
This year’s classes 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005 and 2010 will be celebrating their class reunion.
You will hear more from your class organizers soon!
Photo Albums from Back to Boulder
- Avery Bang – Bridges to Prosperity 2014
- 50 Year and Golden Anniversary Club 2014
- 85th Annual Alumni Awards 2014
- Assorted Candid Photos from 2013 – You might be in here!
- 84th Alumni Awards Ceremony – CU honors its best every year at what has become CU-Boulder’s second-longest standing tradition. Read more about the Alumni Association’s Awards Ceremony here.
- 50-year Reunion and Golden Anniversary Club Dinner – Our alumni are living history. On Friday, Oct. 25, the 50-Year Reunion and Golden Anniversary Club members, made up those who graduated before 1963, gathered to meet new friends, see old ones and hear from Chancellor Philp P. DiStefano, Dr. Brain and Alumni Association executive director Ryan Chreist (Kines’96, MPubA’09).
- Ralphie’s Corral – Set 1 and Set 2 – Buffs gathered to build spirit Saturday before the Homecoming football game against Arizona.