The University of Colorado Boulder’s online Professional Non-Credit Seminars in Sustainability Management can help you drive innovation towards greater sustainability in either the private or public/nonprofit sector. The curriculum explores the skills and knowledge necessary to assess the current environmental impact of an organization and respond with effective, efficient solutions.
Professional Non-credit Seminars in Sustainability Management
The non-credit sustainability seminars focus on the challenges inherent in adopting sustainable business practices in both the private sector, including attention to the triple bottom line, maximizing efficiencies, making the business case, and reporting. Students will learn to guide their organizations effectively through new initiatives, and develop arguments for the implementation of sustainable practices.
Coursework also includes examining the issues, challenges, and concerns of maintaining sustainable practices in the public sector, Coursework delves into navigating regulations and ordinances, stakeholder engagement, planning for new initiatives, and making the case for change.
In any organization, adapting to sustainable practices can be a daunting challenge. Our 100% online Seminars help you face that challenge head-on, offering curriculum that focuses on the practical elements of creating and executing new sustainability initiatives in a variety of settings, including how to manage behavioral and organizational change and encourage buy-in from leadership and your colleagues. Additionally, you’ll examine every phase of sustainability projects through hands-on exercises and case studies, learning how to perform the functions needed to succeed, including:
- Assessing an organization’s sustainability concerns and weaknesses
- Making a clear, effective business case for change
- Creating programs and comprehensive plans to address existing issues or refine operations
- Finding and creating an inter-disciplinary team to help coordinate the new initiative
- Overseeing effective communications across the organization
- Working with leadership and senior management
- Setting clear goals and monitoring a plan’s progress
Follow the links below for more information about the program.