Story behind the recipe: My mother passed this recipe on to me. It was one of my favorite meals as a kid and now it's become one of my son's favorites as well. This is also a great recipe for kids to help prepare!
Description of the dish: Spaghetti and meatballs, classic comfort food.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
Time to prep: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Bake in an oven safe dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Simmer cooked meatballs in red sauce while you prepare your pasta.
- Serving size 2-3 meatballs.
Submitted by: Susan Ulrich, Office of Information Technology