Eight Strategic Resources and Support staff members have been named to the newly formed Employee Engagement Committee. The formation follows a call for applications earlier this fall. Staff submitted many thoughtful applications, and SRS leadership sends congratulations to those selected:
- Jamey Chapin, Office of Information Technology
- Sarah Garcia-Smith, Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Operating Officer
- Jessica Gonzales, Health and Wellness Services
- Stacy Lindholm, Infrastructure and Sustainability
- Jess Morris, Human Resources
- Andrew Norman, Finance and Business Strategy
- Colleen Seltz, Enrollment Management
- Terri Willis, Infrastructure and Sustainability
"Employee engagement is a key focus area of mine as we strive to create a sense of belonging for all of our employees," Chief Operating Officer Patrick O'Rourke said. "I'm excited for the makeup of this committee and to support the ideas they put forth in bringing together our team."
The Employee Engagement Committee is dedicated to building a welcoming and thriving community that supports the overall well-being of all SRS employees. Members of the committee will work to establish and maintain an inclusive culture where employees recognize that they are valued for their efforts and contributions to departmental and divisional goals -- and where they are encouraged and supported in their own professional, interpersonal and intellectual development.
The committee will develop, host and promote activities, appreciation/recognition events, lunch and learns, and other programming to cultivate and foster this community within the many facets of SRS. Look out for information to come on a grab and go event at the start of the new year.