Waitlist Policy - Spanish and Portuguese Department, Spring 2021
You are responsible for the deadlines listed below:
- Last day to add a class in BuffPortal: Monday, January 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to be automatically enrolled from a Waitlist: Monday, January 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to put your name on a waitlist: Monday, January 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to drop a class (without a “W”): Monday, February 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm. Failure to drop by this date will result in a charge to the student’s tuition and a “W” on their transcript.
- Waitlisted students lose access to course materials: Thursday, February 4, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
- Failure to attend a class will result in an “F” for the class.
The Spanish Department Does Not Administratively Drop students for non-attendance. It is the sole responsibility of the student to complete the drop procedure if they no longer wish to attend a Spanish and Portuguese class. Please drop yourself so that others may have your space.
Waitlisted? Please read below.
- Your instructor does not control enrollment and cannot let you into his/her class.
- If you are waitlisted do not count on getting the class. Your schedule should be arranged such that your full-time status is not jeopardized by a failure to get into a Spanish and Portuguese class. Find a backup. [It is not common for more than three students to be admitted into a class from the waitlist.]
- Class sizes are set by the department and university and only the Drop/Add Coordinator has the ability to increase them. Class size is set with student success and instructors’ best practices in mind: this has not changed because a course is Remote or Online, or any hybrid that includes those instructional modalities.
- During the Add/Drop period (as student enrollment appointments open staggered by class rank between November 9, 2020 and December 7, 2020) all enrollment is from the waitlists and is controlled by the computer. Waitlists are generated by Academic Scheduling and prioritized by class standing once a day (at 11:59 pm). Open spaces are filled at that time. No one can let you into a closed Spanish/Portuguese class during this period.
- You are not notified if you are enrolled in a class from the waitlist. In order to be added to the class from the waitlist, you must have attended the class regularly and completed required work.
- For SPAN 3000 and above, waitlisted students with regular attendance may be added to the class in Waitlist order at the discretion of the Drop/Add Coordinator. The Add/Drop Coordinator will communicate with instructors as to who can be enrolled. This will take place administratively on February 4, 2021.
- For SPAN 1010 - SPAN 2120 you must be on the waitlist for a class by Monday, January 25, 2021, (11:59 pm) to meet with the relevant Course Coordinator to discuss your options. Please be aware that A&S Policy does not allow for over-enrollment in SPAN 1010, 1020, 2110, and 2120 courses.
If you are on a course waitlist as of 11:59 p.m. on January 25, 2021, and don’t get into your waitlisted class:
Consult with the Registrar's Office to "reserve" your registration for the course for Fall 2021.
If you are not enrolled in the class by February 4, 2021, you may no longer attend the class.
Questions? Need Help? Please feel free to email the Spanish and Portuguese office at email@example.com or call 303-492-7308. The front office also has drop-in office hours through Zoom, Mondays 9:00 - 9:45AM MST and Thursdays 2:15 - 2:45PM MST, link here