Effective July 1, 2021
Deadline to submit travel receipts: 2 weeks after last day of business-related travel.
Rostered Faculty should use this form to request reimbursement for the following types of expenses:
- Research/Conference Travel
- Submission of Travel Related Receipts for purchases using a travel card.
- Please reference the department’s Travel Procedures for more details.
- Research Related Materials, such as books, etc.
- Professional Organization Memberships
Faculty Reimbursements/Expense Reconciliation
- Reimbursement of expenses is processed according to your available funding source balance in your faculty research accounts (research, start-up, a separate grant fund you may have received, etc.). Reimbursements will be processed up to the amount you have available. If your accounts are in deficit, we will not submit reimbursements on your behalf.
- Faculty members are expected to track their expenses and reimburse the university to cover any deficits in their account(s). The Department will not cover these deficits.
- Effective September 2019, the Department of Spanish and Portuguese will no longer reimburse individual food receipts; we will process per diem only. This is often to your benefit, as per diem is frequently higher than individual receipts. Learn more about per diem here. You may claim per diem for as many days of travel as you wish, up to the total days of travel. If you do not have enough funds to cover the total amount of per diem requested, you can be reimbursed up to your available funds.
- Pre-approval is required for all trips. In response to COVID-19 and effective March 12, 2020, all domestic and international travel must be approved using Concur Request prior to booking a trip. Currently: External internet airfare purchases are not allowable during the COVID-19 health crisis. Updates to this policy will be posted when received by the University. Please take special care to account for fees related to Concur and Christopherson Business Travel tickets:
- A $20 additional fee will be charged for all international tickets.
- A $20 additional service fee will be charged on domestic tickets if you book your flight using a Christopherson Travel Agent and not the Concur System.
- You will be responsible for complying with university rules and regulations around purchases made using your University Travel Card. All university card holders are required to submit receipts within 30 days from the last day of their business-related travel. To learn what you can and cannot purchase with your University Travel Card, please refer to the PSC Procedure Statement: Travel.
- So that we might submit your receipts in this 30 day limit, within two weeks from the last day of your business-related travel, please complete the Travel Reimbursement form (below) and upload legible PDFs or JPGs or JEPGs of:
- University Travel Card receipts require both the detailed, itemized receipts and proof of purchase receipts. Personal expenses outside per diem are the responsibility of the traveler.
- Personal receipts for business-related expenses for which you are seeking reimbursement must include detailed, itemized receipts and proof of payment. Incomplete receipts cannot be processed.
- NOTE: Per University of Colorado policy, reimbursement for early check-in/seat assignments, late fees, and/or alcohol purchases are not allowed.