The RC condo computing service "Blanca" offers researchers the opportunity to purchase and own compute nodes that will be operated as part of a shared cluster. The aggregate cluster is made available to all condo partners while maintaining priority for the owner of each node.
Benefits to partners include
- Data center rack space – including redundant power and cooling – and scratch disk space.
- Partners get significantly prioritized access on nodes that they own, and can run jobs on any nodes that are not currently in use by other partners.
- RC staff provides system configuration and administration, as well as technical support for users.
- A standard software stack appropriate for a range of research needs.
- Partners are able to install additional software applications as needed.
- Bulk discount pricing is available for all compute node purchases.
To purchase a Blanca node please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CPU and GPU nodes are available. Example node configurations are indicated below, but may be customized.
||$7,712.89/node||batch processing, high-throughput computation, and high-performance parallel/distributed computation|
|Legacy Compute node||
||$8,754.78/node||batch processing and high-throughput computation|
||$13,604.11/node||molecular dynamics, image processing, deep learning; alternate and addtional GPUs supported|
** Prices are subject to change when quoted with the order, and are provided as a guideline for expectations.