Build a Better Book finished out the year by awarding Participant Support grants of up to $750 to ten partners around the country. Each organization submitted a proposal and request for materials that will support their on-going or new BBB projects. Most of the projects will be completed in 2021 but a few have already started. We are impressed with the creativity and innovation of each site in finding ways to explore universal design and accessibility with their students through hybrid and remote learning. Hewitt-Trussville Middle School in Alabama expanded their students' ability to create with a set of Specdrums rings that connect colors with sounds. Mountain Lakes Public Library in New Jersey continued the final stages of a two-year project with students developing a marble run Hex Game. They will be delivering ten 3D printed games to BVI students for feedback on their designs.
Congratulations to our grant recipients and we look forward to sharing more about their BBB projects in 2021!
- Hewitt-Trussville Middle School - Alabama
- Laredo Public Library - Texas
- Yonkers Public Schools - New York
- Central Michigan University Center for Excellence in STEM Education - Michigan
- Washington Leadership Academy - Washington D.C.
- Saint Thomas the Apostle School - California
- Middletown Free Library - Pennsylvania
- Luna Cultura - Colorado
- University of Indianapolis/ Raymond Brande Elementary School - Indiana
- Mountain Lakes Public Library - New Jersey