Who is Eligible?
- Youth under the age of 24
- According to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Foster Care after the age of 13
- Both parents deceased (orphan)
- Dependent or Ward of the Court
- Legal/court appointed guardianship
- Emancipated Youth (by the Court)
- Unaccompanied homeless youth/at-risk of homelessness
- Kinship care, group home, or determined to be independent via Professional Judgment appeal
- Meet with your Program Coordinator or Guardian Scholars Mentor at least 3 times in the fall and 3 times in the spring semesters
- Attend 3 study skills, financial literacy, career, graduate school, or personal development seminars provided by Guardian Scholars per semester
- Attend Community/Family Dinners
- Attend Community Service Retreats
To be eligible for an additional scholarship, students need to meet the above requirement AND maintain at least a 2.5 GPA each semester.
Eligible students are enouraged to apply by submitting the TRiO Student Support Services Program Application. Submit completed application to email@example.com or submit in person to the TRiO Office at 259 Fleming. Questions? Contact: (303) 492-3842.