A Closer Look at Facilities Management & Sustainability
Facilities Management is the backbone of campus infrastructure and building services on campus, and sustainability is a guiding principle of our department.
- Click here for our sustainability FAQ page!
- You can watch all of our films on sustainability at CU Facilities Management, here
We provide critical services that allow our campus to run smoothly, and to help meet campus sustainability goals. FM has several divisions, including:
- Business Services
- Distribution Center (surplus property)
- FM Human Resources
- Operations (custodial, trash/recycling services, integrated pest management)
- Planning, Design and Construction
- Utility & Energy Services
CU-Boulder Campus Sustainability Resources
There are a diverse array of resources when it comes to sustainability here at CU-Boulder. Here are just a few:
- Campus Sustainability Portal
- Environmental Center
- Housing and Dining Services
- Learn More About Climate
- Recycling at CU
- What you can do to save energy!
You can read our Sustainability Resolution here (PDF).
AASHE (The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education) is a comprehensive source of information on sustainability in higher education. It provides administrators, faculty, operations staff, students, and other campus stakeholders with the tools, information and guidance they need to lead the sustainability transformation. This nationally recognized body ranks universities on their sustainability performance through STARS, the Sustainability Tracking and Rating System, and helps to raise the bar for campus sustainability nationwide. Find out more: