Associate Professor, Computer Science
- Jean d’Alembert Fellow, Université Paris-Saclay / CNRS, 2017-2018.
- Associate Professor, Computer Science, George Washington University, 2017-2018.
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science, George Washington University, 2011-2017.
- Associate Research Scientist, CCLS, Columbia University, 2008-2011.
- Postdoc, CSE, UC San Diego. Advisor: Sanjoy Dasgupta. 2006-2008.
- Ph.D. 2006, S.M. 2003. Advisor: Tommi Jaakkola. CSAIL, EECS, MIT.
- A.B. EPS, Harvard.
“Climate Change: Challenges for Machine Learning,” NIPS 2014. Video and slides.
I co-founded the Climate Informatics Workshop in 2011, and its associated hackathon in 2015. The workshop turned 8, and the hackathon turned 4, in 2018. Within its first five years, the workshop attracted climate scientists and data scientists from over 19 countries and 30 states.