CU Recycling offers document destruction collections for up to six boxes.
CU Recycling picks up your small quantities of materials for destruction (up to six boxes per campus department) and stores them securely at the Grounds and Recycling Operations Center for destruction by a shredding company. The charge for this service is under $20 per pick-up, for up to six boxes (standard copy paper size, approximately 12" x 18" x 9"high), and can be requested by filling out our online request form. Contact Recycling@Colorado.edu with questions.
Have more than six boxes worth of materials to destroy? Contact our recommended vendor.
If your department shreds your own materials in your office, CU Recycling can pick up your shredded paper for recycling as long as you follow these guidelines:
- We can accept only white and light colored shredded papers.
- Before shredding, first separate and remove dark and bright colored paper, plastic or any other non-paper item.
- If contaminants such as bright colors or plastics are mixed in with your shredded paper, we are not able to remove them so none of your paper can be recycled.
- Please bag and seal your shredded paper into a clear bag, tied shut, before placing it in or next to a campus recycling bin.
- This allows us to keep your shredded paper separate from the rest of our materials.
- If shredded paper ends up on our recycling sorting lines, it can bind up the equipment and inhibit the recycling process.