CU Boulder Campus departments, if you have excess office supplies that still have life, we may be able to put them back to use! Also, many office supplies cannot be put into typical recycling bins (tyvek envelops, transparencies, etc).
- Usable office supplies are given back to students for free at the start of each semester
- Look for the Free Office Supplies Drive in the UMC tabling area to give or grab used notebooks, binders, pens and more!
- Hard to recycle items, such as tyvek envelops and transparencies, can be recycled seperate from normal recycling bins
How to get office supplies reused or recycled:
- On campus? Send by campus mail to Recycling, 209 UCB.
- Or drop it by the Environmental Center in UMC 355
Not a campus department? At some times of the year we may be able to take your reusable office supplies -- if they are in new or almost new shape and desirable to college students. Call or email to confirm if we are accepting donations.
- Examples of desirable items: notebooks with plenty of paper left, working pens, markers, loose paper, binders that are 2" or smaller and look new and clean
- Items not acceptable from off-campus sources: most binders unless almost new (no binders larger than 2", no worn binders), no filing folders, no desk organizers