Bus passes are scheduled to be suspended in early June. The suspension list of over 22,000 students has been sent to RTD for processing. This suspension applies to students that were enrolled in Spring 19, but aren't enrolled for the Summer 19 semester. If you would like to keep your pass active over the Summer and are returning for the Fall, you can visit the Buff OneCard office in C4C and purchase an "optional bus pass" for $85 (same fee as every other semester and what summer students are paying) or by following these steps:
Here are the steps to extend your summer bus pass remotely:
- The cost to extend the pass is $85.
- Log in to your Buff OneCard account and deposit $85 to your Campus Cash account.
- Once the deposit in complete, email email@example.com back with the number on the bottom of your bus pass, highlighted below.
- We will charge your Campus Cash account the $85 fee and your pass will be extended.
- If this process is completed after May 29, you will likely experience up to a 72 hour break in service.
For those that purchased an "optional bus pass" after May 29 (the day CU sent RTD the suspension list) you may experience a period of up to 72 hours where your card is suspended. This is due to limitations on the card management software that prevents CU from removing a suspension on a card that was on the initial suspension list prior to it actually being suspended.
Graduate Student Employee qualifications
Graduate students holding active CU Boulder student faculty appointments (GA, RA, TA, GPTI, but this does not include hourly employed students) during the summer will have continued use of their RTD pass. These appointments must be at or above 15% time.
If you are not enrolled in summer classes, and choose not to purchase the optional summer pass, fall bus passes will re-activate for returning students August 1.