Free bike registration is available to students and staff. Please bring your bike to the UMC Bike Station and we'll help you register! If you are at the bike station, please complete the bicycle registration form and the station attendant will give you your sticker with your registration number.
*The bike stations will be closed on days when the AQI (Air Quality Index) is, or is projected to be above >150 at any point in the day.
What are the benefits of bike registration?
Registering your bicycle provides proof that the bike belongs to you. In the event of theft or impound, a registered bike is more likely to be returned to the owner. Additionally, secondary markets like pawn shops cannot legally sell a bicycle that has been registered without first making a good faith effort to return the recovered bike to its registered owner. This makes a registered bike less likely to be stolen.
- Free access to the campus Bicycle Stations
- Free Bicycle Maintenance Assistance
- Access to Semester Bike Rentals
- Free Bicycle Lock Swap Program
- $20 Lock Cut which includes new U-Lock
- Assistance finding your Missing Bike
- Joining the ever growing CU Boulder cycling community!