The CU Green Labs Program recognizes CU Boulder members (students, staff, and faculty), individual labs, campus groups, and departments for their remarkable actions and commitments to
- avoid or reduce the environmental footprint of scientific research,
- advance resource efficiency and sustainability practices in laboratory research,
- strengthen the culture of sustainability in the science community,
- actively engage in cultural movements and practices that dismantle systems of oppression affecting historically excluded peoples in the science research field,
- address injustices connected to scientific research such as exposures to hazardous materials and/or unjust labor conditions in lab product manufacturing
2023 will be the ninth year of these annual awards presented at the Campus Sustainability Summit in April each year.
CU Green Labs Award recipients' actions align with CU Boulder’s goals for sustainability, sets examples for others, and advances a culture of sustainability among the science community.
Nominations are open to members of the CU Boulder campus and will be evaluated based on:
• Overall beneficial impact and/or long-term impact
• How the effort sets an example for others
• How the effort goes above and beyond expected job duties or what is expected by campus or in a typical research environment
Call for Nominations
Nominations deadline for 2023 is March 9th.
Also, consider submitting a nomination for the campus wide Sustainability Awards for actions that are not specific to laboratory research.