· We should recycle our electronics because when we do, we conserve natural resources.
· By recycling and reducing our waste, we are able to reuse valuable materials from these recycled electronics to make new products.
· By choosing to recycle electronics, we save energy, reduce our pollution which lowers our individual carbon footprint, and reduces greenhouse gas emissions that would otherwise be emitted from our electronics in landfills.
WHAT Happens When Electronics Get Tossed in Our Landfills?
· There is extreme amounts of lead in electronics that when it is released into the air from being in landfills.
· We breathe in these toxic chemicals and it can cause a lot of damage to our central and peripheral nervous systems, which is the blood and kidneys.
· These toxic chemicals that are harmful to humans and the environment can then end up in our soil, water, and air.
· By choosing to recycle e-waste, it can significantly decrease greenhouse gas emissions and decrease the demand for mining heavy metals to create new electronics.
· There are multiple places you can go to recycle your electronics