Learn more about single use plastics and ways to avoid using them!
- Here is an article from the NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) which breaks the single use plastics crisis down to an introductory level! Check out our other pieces on plastics in this issue for more in-depth information!
- We provide FREE reusable shopping bags and bamboo cutlery in our FREE Ecokits!
- Using these items instead of single-use plastic ones is a fantastic step towards reducing your use of single-use plastics!
Sign Up for an EcoVisit in your home at GFH!
- EcoVisits are a great way of learning helpful and valuable tips to reduce your environmental footprint and live greener in Graduate and Family Housing.
- It's really easy to sign up for an EcoVisit in your home!
- Fill out THIS FORM to set up an EcoVisit and the GFH Sustainability Coordinator will set up an EcoVisit whenever it is convenient for you!
- During an EcoVisit, you will review all the great things you are already doing to live green as well as learn tips about additional steps you can take to reduce your carbon footprint even further.
You will also be given with a FREE EcoKit which contains the following items:
Countertop composting bin
Reusable shopping bag
Reusable utensil kit
LED (energy efficient) lightbulbs
Bike lights (front and rear)
Toilet tabs to check if your toilet is leaking
Hair Snake drain cleaner