Rocky Mountain Green and the Green Schools Conference will host a workshop, Running with Ralphie's Green Stampede, on campus about CU Boulder's LEED platinum-certified net-zero energy Indoor Practice Facility and Training Center.
When: Wednesday, May 2
Where: Main Campus
Cost: $100; students and young professionals use code "WKPEP18" to attend for $35.
Tour will start around 2 p.m. at the statue at the Champion Center main entrance and will go until 5 p.m.
Full tour information
- Experience the emerging field of sports sustainability including unique marketing opportunities, such as a zero-waste, car-free, no-pesticide tailgate zone.
- Understand renewable energy production: building vs. baselining for net-zero buildings.
- Identify outdoor water use reduction through water-delivery technologies and other turf management principles and balancing water use with water restoration certificates.
- Learn about the unique challenges that universities face in accessing incentives, particularly for renewable energy.
- Dave Newport, Director, CU Environmental Center
- Joe Plaskett, Construction Executive, Mortenson
- Rachel Stonecypher, Capital Project Manager at CU