February 3-4, 2017 - CU Boulder
Bioneers is the preeminent international gathering of leading innovators and visionaries who offer practical solutions to the most pressing environmental and social issues of our time. In its 26th year, Bioneers continues to uniquely and authentically articulate the relationships between environment, health, social justice and spirit. In its 14th year, Front Range Eco-Social Solutions Conference is a Bioneers Resilient Communities Network Event and offers a weekend of sharing, learning and action, and is a uniquely affordable community event that brings together the progressive thinkers of this colorful region.
Broadcasts from the 2016 national Bioneers conference include luminaries such as:
- Janine Benyus - The Ultimate Symbiosis: Biomimicry as a Cooperative Inquiry
- Danny Kennedy - Optimizing the Energy Transition
- Katsi Cook - Deepening Indigenous Women’s Networks: Embodiment, Healing and Resilience
- Vien Truong - Creating An Equitable Environmental Movement
- Bill McKibben - What Winning the Climate Change Battle Looks Like
- Mark Plotkin - Maps, Magic and Medicine in the Rainforest
Local Plenary Presentations
- Joel Glanzberg- Using Pattern Mind to Reweave the Web of Life
- Nina Simons- Full Spectrum Leadership: Shifting Guidance from Head to Heart
- Multicultural Women Explore Social and Ecological Healing panel discussion
Over 30 sessions and workshops on local topics, tools and solutions ranging from biomimicry and permaculture to water use and edible plants, from climate action to nuclear guardianship, from renowned chefs, local farms and home vegetable stands to food justice and food insecurity, from social justice and housing solutions to youth empowerment and green burial.
The children's program, “Our Eco-Paradise,” will be run by The Kiva Center on Saturday, February 4, 9am-5pm. Children ages 4-12 are invited to enjoy a day of creative play, inventive learning and community-building. The day will be woven with creative play centers, group activities and outdoor play. Space is limited; advance registration is requested!
Green Living Expo featuring innovative businesses and community organizations on Saturday.
Registration is Affordable
- Free for CU-Boulder University students.
- Advance registration runs through January 30th for $15/day general rate and $8/day for students, seniors, activists and educators.
- Scholarships and volunteer opportunities available.
- Onsite registration rates are $18/day general rate and $10/day for students, seniors, activists and educators.
Front Range Eco-Social Solutions is a Bioneers Network Event produced by the CU Environmental Center in collaboration with Naropa University, Boulder County FoodShed, Woodbine Ecology Center, Denver Permaculture Guild, Youth On Record, and Earth Guardians.