Degree Conferral - Thursday, December 21, 2023
Fall semester graduates are invited to participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony immediately following graduation from CU Boulder as there is no winter campus-wide commencement ceremony. The names of the December 2023 graduating students will be included in a combined list in the spring 2024 commencement program.
Recognition of Graduates
While degrees are awarded three times during the year (May, August, and December), there is only one formal commencement ceremony in May. All graduates are invited to participate in the university's Spring Commencement ceremony. The commencement program includes those students who graduated during the previous December, plus those students expected to graduate in May or the upcoming August before the beginning of the new academic year.
The names of the Fall 2023 graduating students will be included in a combined list in the program, and all graduating students will be recognized as the class of 2024 during the conferral of degrees for each school and college. Fall graduates will be included in all college/school recognition ceremonies and receptions. The colleges/schools determine the program content of these events.
Important Dates for Winter Degree Conferral
- October 1: Last day for Graduate and MBA Students to submit or cancel a Fall 2023 graduation application in Buff Portal
- October 1: Last day for Undergraduate BAM Students to submit a Master's Continuation Form. Undergraduate BAM Students are also encouraged to apply to graduate by this date.
- November 1: Last day for Law Students to submit or cancel a Fall 2023 graduation application in Buff Portal
- December 14: Last day for Undergraduate Students to submit or cancel a Fall 2023 graduation application in Buff Portal
- December 13: Fall 2023 deadline for Doctoral Students to update diploma name & address
- January 5, 2024: Fall 2023 deadline for Undergraduate and Master's Students to update diploma name & address
- February 6, 2024: Fall 2023 diploma delivery begins
- February 13, 2024: Fall 2023 certificate delivery Begins
For more information on applying for graduation, how to update your diploma name or address or other graduation process related questions, please visit the Office of the Registrar's Graduation & Commencement page.