Degree Conferral, August 20, 2020
Summer graduates are invited to participate in the Spring ceremony the semester prior to or immediately following graduation from CU Boulder as there is no Summer campus-wide ceremony.
Applying for Graduation
August 2020 graduates should inform their dean’s office of their plans and check on the specific deadlines for applying for graduation. The last day for Summer 2020 students to apply to graduate to get their name in the commencement program is Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Master's and Doctoral students will need to file according to the Graduate School deadlines.
Recognition of Graduates
While degrees are awarded three times during the year (May, August, and December), there is only one formal commencement ceremony in May. The commencement program includes those students who had graduated during the previous December, plus those students expected to graduate in May or the upcoming August before the beginning of the new academic year.
The names of the August 2020 graduating students will be included in a combined list in the program, and all graduating students will be recognized as a combined group during the conferral of degrees for each school and college. August graduates will be included in all college/school recognition ceremonies and receptions. The colleges/schools determine the program content of these events.
August doctoral and law candidates will be hooded during the individual departmental ceremonies in the spring.
Important Dates for Summer Degree Conferral
- August 10 - 14 – Honors medals will be available all week for pick up in the Registrar’s Office.
- August 20 – Doctoral candidates can pick up their diplomas from the Graduate School, Regent Administrative Center room 1B53 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- September 4 – Deadline for August graduates for UGRD, MAS, Ph.D. & LAW to update diploma name and address through the online graduate application.
- September 4 – All Ph.D. diplomas not picked up in the Registrar’s Office will be mailed to the home address unless a diploma address was indicated.
- September 11 – Official transcripts with degrees posted will be available for ordering.
- October 5 – Master’s and undergraduate diplomas will be mailed to the home address unless a diploma address was indicated.