On Monday, March 16, CU Boulder went fully remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, meaning all classes and most jobs for the university’s more than 35,000 students and nearly 10,000 faculty and staff were online only. The feat was extraordinary. Here’s a look at the campus’s Zoom usage during the first two weeks alone, compared to March 2019.
Conferencing software used by students, faculty and staff.
- 1,679,600 minutes in March 2019
- 15,600,000 minutes in March 2020
- 540 new users in March 2019
- 39,000 new users in March 2020
- 8,280 meetings in March 2019
- 53,700 meetings in March 2020
All data collected as of March 31, 2020. CU Boulder students, faculty and staff pictured.