Do you plan on doing an internship for credit during the fall 2023 semester? Need help searching, securing, and reporting an internship for credit?
Internship for Credit Process
The fall term is now open for CMCI students to report an internship for credit until the reporting deadline on Handshake: Friday, Sept. 8.
- Review the internship guidelines to make sure you are eligible to receive credit for an internship.
- Search for an internship; find an organization, identify an employer who can supervise you, understand what kind of work you will be doing, and figure out how many hours you will work. You need to work 50 hours per credit hour. For example, if you want to get 3 credit hours, you will need to work 150 hours. Need help searching or reporting your internship? Schedule an appointment with our career advisor, Tzigane Martin.
- Secure an internship and employer supervisor; confirm the above information with the employer who will supervise your work. Please be sure you have their full name, email address and other contact information. You’ll need to report this on Handshake.
- Secure a CMCI faculty supervisor.
- Report your internship for credit approval by the deadline on Handshake.
- Step-by-step instructions for reporting an internship.
Students: Need help?