Designed for Professionals Interested in a Career in Clinical Health Care
The structured Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program at CU Boulder is a highly selective program designed for people who:
- Already hold a bachelor’s degree and were strong students in college,
- Have a strong history of clinical and non-clinical service to others,
- Plan to take all of the undergraduate-level science prerequisites needed for professional school,
- Are interested in a full-time, comprehensive, one-year post-baccalaureate program with a summer start date, and
- Appreciate a cohort-based learning experience with dedicated mentors and tutors.
This program is characterized by rigorous academics in an accelerated format; a supportive, cohort-based peer group; exceptional pre-health advising; and dedicated tutors and mentors. From your initial inquiry to your acceptance to professional school, we work hard to understand your individual goals and challenges and to provide you with strategic advice that sets you up for success. We are proud of the success of our program; our professional school acceptance rate consistently nears 100% and our students regularly earn MCAT scores in the 90-99th percentile after completing our program.
To maintain the outstanding quality of our program, we intentionally limit the size of each cohort to roughly 10 to 20 students per year. To maintain the cohort experience, all students in the program take all of their courses together; we do not allow course substitutions.
We offer an extraordinary level of individualized advising and support from mentors and tutors in addition to the resources of the University of Colorado Boulder.
Year after year, our students achieve close to a 100% admission rate to professional school. (Click here for a list of medical and dental schools to which our Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions students have been accepted.) Moreover, unlike most career-changer post-baccalaureate programs, we offer a close-knit, cohort-based learning experience.