Published: Nov. 13, 2019 By

beth osnesAs the faculty advisor for ASSETT, I invite you to consider applying to be a part of the ASSETT’s Faculty Fellows Program's 2020/2021 cohort. As part of this supportive community, you will be with a group working together to explore innovative ways you can reach your course learning objectives.

Being a part of an ASSETT Faculty Fellows group allowed me to get excited about my teaching in a fresh way. The support from the ASSETT staff really helped me discover technological opportunities and solutions that were fun and that deepened my students’ engagement with the material. Currently I am creating an online toolbox for our Performance for Community Engagement course that I co-teach with Nii Armah Sowah. (Read more about this project in Amanda McAndrew's article on SPLOTs.) Together we are working with our students to create a repository of physical warm-ups, activities, and games that are useful when working with communities.

Our students were incredibly adept at using these tools and enthusiastic about the process. ASSETT staff members were incredibly supportive in helping us design and execute the set-up for this project. By being a part of the ASSETT Faculty Fellows cohort, you will gain the support and encouragement to create new opportunities for your students.