- The following policy applies to crowdfunding campaigns or projects undertaken by any individual associated with the University of Colorado Boulder (“CU-Boulder”) (e.g. staff, faculty, students or administration) using or planning to use a third-party crowdfunding or crowdsourcing vendor, portal or service provider.
- Generally, crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or campaign by soliciting relatively small donations of money from a large number of people, typically via the Internet.
- Use of crowdfunding to raise funds at CU-Boulder as described in this policy and accompanying campus crowdfunding procedures is subject to all University of Colorado rules, policies, compliance regulations and state and federal law.
- CU-Boulder’s name, branding and/or logo may not be used without prior written approval by the appropriate approving official and the Vice Chancellor for Strategic Relations as set forth in accompanying campus crowdfunding procedures, which are incorporated herein.
- Campaigns or projects that use CU-Boulder resources, or affiliate themselves with CU-Boulder in any capacity, must receive institutional approval from the appropriate CU-Boulder officials as set forth in the accompanying campus crowdfunding procedures.
- CU-Boulder email lists may not be used without prior approval by the appropriate approving official as set forth in the accompanying campus crowdfunding procedures.
III. Related Policies
Research policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, the use of human subjects or animals in research, conflicts of interest, and access to and retention of data. Available at http://www.colorado.edu/vcr/resources/policies.
Intellectual Property Policy on Discoveries and Patents for Their Protection and Commercialization. Available at https://www.cu.edu/ope/aps-1013-intellectual-property-policy-discoveries-and-patents-their-protection-and
Information security policies, procedures, and guidelines. Available at https://www.cu.edu/ois/policies-and-resources.
Acceptance of Payment Card Risk APS. Available at https://www.cu.edu/ope/policy/aps-4056-acceptance-payment-card-cost-and-risk.
Acceptable Use of CU-Boulder’s IT Resources. Available at http://www.colorado.edu/policies/acceptable-use-cu-boulders-it-resources
Use of Electronic Communications. Available at https://www.cu.edu/ope/efficiency-and-effectiveness/presidents-task-force-efficiency/aps-6002-use-electronic-mail
Conflicts of Interest and Commitment. Available at https://www.cu.edu/ope/efficiency-and-effectiveness/presidents-task-force-efficiency/aps-5012-conflicts-interest-and.
Outside Consulting and Service on External Boards. Available at https://www.cu.edu/regents/policy-3c-outside-consulting-and-service-external-boards. In accordance with this policy, CU employees are reminded that the use of university resources for the benefit of private companies is not permitted except in a de minimis manner or where the campus is compensated for such use.