Chancellor's Standing Committee on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues
The University of Colorado Boulder has achieved a national reputation as an outstanding research and educational institution. All university employees should be employed solely on their performance and contribution to the educational process.
As the university works to attract and retain the very best faculty, staff and students, it is essential that we provide an environment that affirms the presence of all its members. An affirmative environment includes room for people to express and use the fullness of their humanity – including their sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, racial and ethnic identity, and ability status – in their participation in university life.
- To work with Human Resources to identify and rectify policies that result in inequitable compensation for members of the LGBTQ campus community;
- To advocate among the faculty at large for regular and consistent instructor coverage in the courses offered by the LGBTI Certificate Program, especially the annual introductory course.
- To promote increased transgender awareness and understanding on campus;
- To remain vigilant in providing a positive and supportive climate for GLBTQ people on campus;
- To keep Chancellor DiStefano apprised of GLBTQ issues on the Boulder campus while offering recommendation and solutions.