Status of Women Report 2001-2002
The purpose of the 2001-2002 Status of Women Report (SOWR) is three-fold:
- To commend the campus administration with regard to the successful implementation of priorities identified in previous SOWRs;
- To highlight policy recommendations that have not been systemically implemented and propose cooperative means to help move these recommendations forward; and
- To outline steps for the development of a strategic action plan for the campus to address outstanding issues to improve the status of women.
Introduction: History of the Chancellors Committee on Women (CCW) and the Status of Women Report (SOWR)
The Chancellors Committee on Women (CCW), established in April 1996, is an informed advocate for all women on campusclassified and unclassified staff; tenure-track and non-tenure track faculty and instructors; undergraduate, graduate, and professional students; and administrators. The committee:
- monitors the status of women on campus
- recommends policy to create significant and positive change
- works to assure justice and equity for women at CU-Boulder.
CCWs five-year history has stimulated and encouraged a number of significant changes at CU-Boulder, many of which were recommendations highlighted in the status of women reports written in 1998, 1999, and 2000. These changes include, among others:
- enhanced data collection and reporting on the status of women;
- an increase in campus-wide diversity efforts;
- expanded promotion and support for the development of mentoring programs for women faculty and staff;
- a new emphasis on continual monitoring and feedback on the campuss sexual harassment policy, and revisions to that policy; and
- the initiation of safety and health programs for women on campus.
In all, more than a dozen priorities identified in previous SOWRs have been fully or partially implemented by the chancellor of the University of Colorado at Boulder. They, and those recommendations not yet implemented, will be addressed later in the report.
Data from Focus Groups - 2000
Recommendations from past SOWRs Systemically Implemented on Campus
Recommendations from past SOWRs Not Yet Systemically Implemented on Campus
Strategic Action Plan Development
Download entire report in Adobe PDF format