The Center to Advance Research in the Social Sciences (CARTSS)
The Center to Advance Research and Teaching in the Social Sciences (CARTSS)
supports interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives of the social science faculty and students at CU Boulder. We seek innovative ways to integrate faculty research with undergraduate and graduate teaching. We provide an infrastructure for bringing together the assets and talents available in social science departments across campus.
Is to link social science research with contemporary issues in order to develop knowledge and relationships that prove useful to citizens of Colorado and to the global community.
Our activities include:
- Distributing and administering research and teaching grants to faculty and graduate students
- Sponsoring the "Excellence in Social Science Award for Undergraduates" (inaugural year 2015-2016)
- Administering interdisciplinary research projects supported by internal and external funds
- Sponsoring seminars, working groups, and invited speakers
- Hosting visiting scholars.