Alumni Association Board of Advisors
The University of Colorado Boulder Alumni Association Board of Advisors provides guidance and vision to association staff who, in turn, serve the CU Boulder alumni and student communities.
The board is made up of officers and advisors who are volunteers. Their instrumental role is to provide counsel on the policies, guidelines and bylaws under which the association and its various programs operate.
The board is comprised of approximately 40 alumni volunteers from all geographic locations, graduation years, employment backgrounds, ethnicities, genders and interest areas.
Board members serve three-year terms and their responsibilities include the following:
- Attending board meetings three times a year on the Boulder campus, preparing for agenda items and issues, and studying supporting materials.
- Participating effectively in board activities and discussions by voicing opinions, displaying leadership and thinking creatively.
- Serving as a member on one of four committees: Marketing & Communications, Events & Outreach, Student to Young Alumni Transition or Business Development.
- Representing the interests of everyone served by the association, without favoring special interests.
- Acting as an advocate for the association and the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Identifying, cultivating and recruiting future leaders for the association.
- Performing other duties and assuming other responsibilities assigned by the chair of the board.
Interested in joining the board?
Every year the Alumni Association looks for proud, passionate alumni to serve on the Board of Advisors. Contact Beth Lietaert for information on how to apply.
Nominate a new member