Students who declared Spanish Language and Literatures major before fall 2017 can choose between the old requirements and the new requirements. Students who declare a Spanish Language and Literatures major beginning fall 2017 or after must use the new requirements.
This track emphasizes knowledge of the history of Spanish and Spanish American literature, their creative writers, critical methodology in the study of poetry, drama, narrative fiction, essay, cinema; and the social and historical contexts in which particular traditions develop.
- The program focuses on critical thinking and communicational skills (written and oral) and their application in today’s real-world global setting.
- Our internationally-recognized professors and instructors integrate their research with their teaching in a fruitful manner.
- The degree also supports an active secondary teaching certification program, which prepares future Spanish instructors for the growing demand for secondary Spanish teachers.
- Catalan Language courses are also offered to broaden students’ linguistic spectrum.
- Advanced students, particularly honor’s program students, are invited to begin their MA work in our program by taking graduate seminars during their senior year.