Waitlist Policy - Spanish and Portuguese Department
You are responsible for the deadlines listed below:
- Last day to add a class in BuffPortal: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to be automatically enrolled from a Waitlist: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to put your name on a waitlist: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to drop a class (without a “W”): Wednesday, January 29, 2020, at 11:59 pm. Failure to drop by this date will result in a charge to the student’s tuition and a “W” on their transcript.
- Waitlisted students lose access to course materials: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
- Failure to attend a class will result in an “F” for the class.
The Spanish Department Does Not Administratively Drop students for non-attendance. It is the sole responsibility of the student to complete the drop procedure if they no longer wish to attend a Spanish and Portuguese class. Please drop yourself so that others may have your space.
Waitlisted? Please read below.
- Your instructor does not control enrollment and cannot let you into his/her class.
- If you are waitlisted do not count on getting the class. Your schedule should be arranged such that your full-time status is not jeopardized by a failure to get into a Spanish and Portuguese class. Find a backup.
- It does not make any difference how many chairs are available in the classroom. Class sizes are set by the department and university and only the Drop/Add Coordinator has the authority to increase them.
- During the Add/Drop period (as student enrollment appointments open staggered by class rank between November 20, 2019 and January 22, 2020) all enrollment is from the waitlists and is controlled by the computer. Waitlists are prioritized by class standing once a day (at 11:59 pm) open spaces are filled at that time. No one can let you into a closed Spanish/Portuguese class during this period.
- You are not notified if you are enrolled in a class from the waitlist. You are strongly urged to check your status on the waitlist on a daily basis and to attend the class, as you will be held responsible for all of the work if you are enrolled.
- For SPAN 3000 and above you must be on the waitlist for a class by January 22, 2020, (11:59 pm) to see the Drop/Add Coordinator.
- For SPAN 1010 - SPAN 2150 you must be on the waitlist for a class by January 22, 2020, (11:59 pm) to meet with the relevant Course Coordinator to discuss your options. Please be aware that A&S Policy does not allow for over-enrollment in SPAN 1010, 1020, 1150, 2110, 2120, and 2150 courses.
The Drop/Add Coordinator will meet with waitlisted SPAN 3000 and above students on Monday, January 27, 2020, 10:00 am-12:00 pm. You must come to the Spanish and Portuguese Office, McKenna 126, with a photo ID during this time. This is the only time the Coordinator is available. Do not contact the Drop/Add or Course Coordinators before January 22, 2020.
If you are on a course waitlist as of 11:59 p.m. on January 22, 2020, and don’t get into your waitlisted class:
Consult with the Registrar's Office to "reserve" your registration for the course for Spring 2020.
If you are not enrolled in the class by January 29, 2020, you may no longer attend the class.
Questions? Need Help? Please feel free to come by the Spanish and Portuguese Office:
McKenna 126, 8:00 – 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:45 p.m.