Waitlisted? Please read below.
- Your instructor does not control enrollment and cannot let you into his/her class.
- If you are waitlisted do not count on getting the class. Your schedule should be arranged such that your full-time status is not jeopardized by a failure to get into a Spanish and Portuguese class. Find a backup. [It is not common for more than three students to be admitted into a class from the waitlist.]
- Class sizes are set by the department and university and only the Drop/Add Coordinator has the ability to increase them. Class size is set with student success and instructors’ best practices in mind.
- During the Add/Drop period all enrollment is from the waitlists and is controlled by the computer. Waitlists are generated by Academic Scheduling and prioritized by class standing once a day (at 11:59 pm). Open spaces are filled at that time. No one can let you into a closed Spanish/Portuguese class during this period.
- You are not notified if you are enrolled in a class from the waitlist. In order to be added to the class from the waitlist, you must have attended the class regularly and completed required work.
- For SPAN 3000 and above, waitlisted students with regular attendance may be added to the class in Waitlist order at the discretion of the Drop/Add Coordinator.
For SPAN 1010 - SPAN 2120 you must be on the waitlist for a class by January 25, 2023, (11:59 p.m.) to meet with the relevant Course Coordinator to discuss your options. Please be aware that A&S Policy does not allow for over-enrollment in SPAN 1010, 1020, 2110, and 2120 courses.
Any student wanting to meet with the Drop/Add Coordinator can attend a virtual meeting through Zoom on January 26, 2023, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. This is the only time the Coordinator is available. Do not contact the Drop/Add or Course Coordinators before the add/drop date.
If you are on a course waitlist as of 11:59 p.m. on January 25, 2023, and don’t get into your waitlisted class:
Consult with the Registrar's Office to "reserve" your registration for the course for Summer or Fall 2023.
If you are not enrolled in the class by February 6th, 2023, you may no longer attend the class.
Questions? Need Help? Please feel free to email the Spanish and Portuguese office at email@example.com or call 303-492-7308