How to schedule graduate student exams: Graduate Program Exam FAQs / How are my exams scheduled?
- First full week of October: Written PhD Comprehensive Examinations
- Second full week of October: Written MA Comprehensive Examinations
- First full week of March: Written PhD Comprehensive Examinations
- Second full week of February: Written MA Comprehensive Examinations
Other Important Dates
- The MA and PhD oral exams will be administered within three weeks after the student has passed the written sections of the MA Comprehensive Examinations.
- Students must form their PhD Dissertation Committee, submit their dissertation proposal (following all department guidelines) to that committee, and have it approved by the end of the semester during which they take and pass their PhD Comprehensive Examinations.
- The Graduate School posts Graduate School Deadlines under the heading Graduation Requirements which must be observed by all graduate students.