Published: Oct. 13, 2022

Hello, Buffs! My name is Ethan Meyer, and I am writing to you from my position as president of Senior Class Council for the class of 2023.Ethan Meyer

Senior Class Council (SCC) is a committee of student representatives devoted to elevating the senior class experience. We do this through unifying and celebrating the graduating class in the pursuit of building pride, tradition and community. Over the course of the year, rest assured, SCC is working hard on planning engaging senior events, choosing the commencement speaker and raising funds for the senior class gift.

Here at SCC, we are passionate about engaging with students to better inform how we support and celebrate seniors. In alignment with this spirit, we are currently seeking out commencement speaker suggestions and would greatly appreciate your input. 

I also wanted to inform you of an upcoming senior event. As part of Homecoming week, SCC will be hosting Senior Sunrise. It’ll be a great chance to relax, hang out with friends and enjoy some free food and drinks. The event will be held from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at Farrand Field. Be sure to come early for sunrise photos and free breakfast burritos!

As a final note, I wanted to offer a few words of encouragement. These last few years have presented our class with an incredibly unique set of circumstances. However, whenever faced with adversity, our class has responded with resilience. Your passion, determination and sense of community are apparent. I know these traits will propel you to success within the university and beyond. 

I wish you the best of luck this semester, and as always, ‘Sko Buffs!

Sincerely,

Ethan Meyer
Senior Class Council President