After securing a for-credit internship, the student will complete the Internship Learning Plan on Handshake. Christine Mahoney will review, then launch our four-step approval process. Faculty members are STEP ONE, so prompt approval is appreciated.
- Internship Approval
- You will receive an email from Handshake with a link to view/approve student internship.
- Click on the blue “Review Experience Request” link, then click on the “Your Survey” button on the LEFT side to view student internship details, including internship description, educational objectives, learning activities, self-evaluations and career aptitude fields.
- Submit answers outlining your academic requirements (you can choose from a drop-down menu and/or write in your own requirements). Students will be prompted to review/agree to these assignments/expectations.
- If needed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the blue buttons to advance to next page of details.
- Click on the blue “Your Response” button.
- Hit the Approve or Decline button (Your additions to the student learning plan will remain visible on Handshake, so students can refer to them at any time. Please do keep in touch with the student throughout the semester or summer.)
- IF you do NOT wish to approve, for any reason, enter your reason and decline to approve. Your reason will go to the CMCI internship office, who will work with the student to make necessary changes. You would then receive an updated approval request in an email from Handshake.