The Ignite Conference is an annual one-day conference-style social justice program that is designed for students to learn, have dialogue, network and engage in a brave space together.
The 2023 Ignite Social Justice & Leadership Conference theme is Learn Today, Lead Tomorrow, Create the Future! Join us as we inspire students to Ignite sparks that will fan the flames of change for future generations. This year’s theme focuses on empowering students at any stage of their leading, learning and social justice journeys to create a positive impact on the future. By participating in the Ignite Conference, students will gain valuable skills in fostering social change, building communities of coalition, and shaping and evolving their leadership styles.
The conference will be held in-person from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2023 in Kittredge Central.
- Social justice education
- Leadership techniques
- Community & cultural engagement
- Resiliency & persistence
- Intersectional identity development
- To create transformative educational opportunities on diversity and social justice topics for students informed by the intersectional framework.
- To encourage mutual respect, empathy and curiosity while engaging in intergroup dialogue.
- Through restorative justice practices students will cultivate a community of care while participating in crucial conversations.
- To develop civically conscious students by encouraging them to interact with communities through service, advocacy and activism.
Proposal Information - dealine extended!
- Sept. 13 - Call for Proposal Closes
- Sept. 18 - Proposal Acceptance/Denial Notification
- Sept. 22 - Deadline to accept spot
We are seeking faculty, staff and student organizations who have demonstrated a commitment to student success to submit program proposals for the Ignite Conference.
Ignite Conference Resource Guide
Please CLICK HERE to review the helpful information regarding the conference and program proposal submission guidelines. All programs will be offered in 60-minute sessions (50-minute program, 5 minutes for questions, and 5 minutes for session evaluation).
Please feel free to forward this form to anyone who may be interested in presenting at this exciting conference. All program proposals should be submitted by Sept. 8, 2023. The Ignite Conference committee will review program submissions and notify faculty and staff by Sept. 11, 2023. Selected programs will be based on the relevancy of the presentation, the conference theme and the needs of conference attendees.