Beginning in spring 2019, ASSETT will be offering most of our professional development opportunities on an on-demand basis. This model will permit flexibility in scheduling, customization of content to meet specific needs and interests, and more efficient use of ASSETT staff and resources. We will continue to offer ongoing, scheduled trainings on popular topics, such as Universal Design for Learning and course design.
ASSETT staff are available to offer the following types of training to Arts & Sciences faculty, departments, and graduate students:
- Workshops: Hands-on opportunities to learn and practice technical skills and/or pedagogical techniques. Best for small or medium groups (three to 15 participants).
- Presentations: Informational sessions providing a high-level overview of a specific topic or service. Ideal for larger groups (more than 15 participants).
- Sparkshops: Brief (15-20 minutes), data-driven presentations that employ active learning strategies to introduce tools and/or promote best practices. Add a Sparkshop to the agenda for your next departmental event, such as a faculty meeting, orientation, or retreat.
- Guest lectures and classroom visits: Customized, active learning opportunities for your students to explore best practices in teaching and learning with one of our experts.
- Consultations: Highly customized one-on-one or small-group discussion with an ASSETT staff member to investigate a specific teaching challenge, tool, or strategy. Consultations are available on a one-time or ongoing basis, depending on your needs and staff availability.
For more information or to request a training, visit the On-Demand Training page of our website.