Congratulations to the members of A&S Departments and Programs who recently received ASSETT Development Awards to support their use of technology in teaching and learning. Look here over the coming semester to learn more about each of these proposals!
- Anne Costain, Professor, Political Science & Women and Gender Studies, “Bringing More Recent Women and Gender Studies Materials into the Classroom’
- Lori Emerson, Assistant Professor, English, “Request for Laptop and Software”
- John Flynt, Lecturer, Applied Mathematics, "Summer Digital Explorations: Teaching Using Technology and Participatory Labs”
- Nan Goodman, Associate Professor, English, “Projector, Laptop, Wheeled case, and Cart”
- Carmen Grace, Senior Instructor & Juliette Bourdier, GPTI, French & Italian, “Encore! Online practice to review and strengthen your French”
- Pui Fong Kan, Assistant Professor & Amy Thrasher, Clinical Assistant Professor, Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, “Telepractice: A learning module for implementing language assessments for children”
- Elena Kostoglodova, Senior Instructor, Germanic & Slavic Lang & Lit, “CU Around the Globe Pilot Program”
- Carole McGranahan, Assistant Professor, Anthropology, “Anthropology 2.0: Creating Course Websites, Wikis, and Blogs”
- Beth Osnes, Assistant Professor, Theatre & Dance, “Empowering Women's Voices for Change DVD”
- Ed Rivers, Professor, English, “Keeping Students on the Cutting Edge: Teaching Technology and Teaching With Technology”
- Rebecca Safran, Assistant Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, “Enhancing Sound Quality in Video Production”
- Deborah Whitehead, Assistant Professor, Religious Studies, “Multimedia Case Studies for Exploring Religious Diversity in the U.S”
Calls for ASSETT Development Awards are posted twice a year. Members of A&S units are eligible to apply. Proposals were reviewed by a committee of chairs from each division in Arts &Sciences. The call for proposals for the next round of Development Awards will be posted at the beginning of the Fall 2010 semester.