This track emphasizes knowledge of the history of Spanish and Spanish American literature, their creative writers, critical methodology in the study of poetry, drama, narrative fiction, essay, cinema; and the social and historical contexts in which particular traditions develop.
- The program focuses on critical thinking and communicational skills (written and oral) and their application in today’s real-world global setting.
- Our internationally-recognized professors and instructors integrate their research with their teaching in a fruitful manner.
- The degree also supports an active secondary teaching certification program, which prepares future Spanish instructors for the growing demand for secondary Spanish teachers.
- Catalan Language courses are also offered to broaden students’ linguistic spectrum.
- Advanced students, particularly honor’s program students, are invited to begin their MA work in our program by taking graduate seminars during their senior year.