Master’s in Music Education Plus Licensure
The Master of Music Education Plus Licensure program is for candidates who have already completed and undergraduate degree in Music and wish to complete a graduate degree in Music Education while completing the requirements for Teacher Certification in K-12 Music.
To obtain a teaching license with this program, students must demonstrate they have completed the equivalent liberal arts and music content courses required for the BME degree at CU-Boulder. The following Program of Studies Checklist shows the required courses for K-12 Music licensure seekers.
Students should apply for admissions to the Music Education Plus program first - Application Instructions. The Music Education Plus Licensure program is competitive and satisfying the minimum criteria does not guarantee acceptance. If you are admitted to the MME+ program the School of Education will be notified and the licensure portion of your program will be added to your current academic programs.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- Learning Sciences & Human Development
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- BA/MA in Ethnic Studies and Education
- Partners in Education (PIE)