You are here
Matt Gaertner, PhD (REM, 2011) Receives AIR's 2013 Best Paper Award
January 21, 2014
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) recently honored Dr. Matthew Gaertner, a 2011 doctoral graduate of the Research and Evaluation Methodology program, and co-authors Jeongeun Kim, Stephen DesJardins, and Katie McClarty with the 2013 Charles F. Elton Best Paper Award. The article, "Preparing Students for College and Careers: The Causal Role of Algebra II," will be published in a Special Forum Issue of Research in Higher Education together with other designated best papers this spring.
The Charles F. Elton Best Paper Award celebrates the papers presented at the AIR Forum that most clearly exemplify the standards of excellence established by the award’s namesake and make significant contributions to the field of institutional research and decision-making in higher education.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- SMBF: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- SMBF: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- EPSY: Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)