CU Boulder is updating the mode of instruction to remote, online or hybrid for all summer classes. The different types of courses will have impacts on housing payments. The mode of instruction may up until May 15, 2020. Be sure to check your schedule for any updates.
The difference between remote, online, and hybrid courses for Summer 2020:
- Remote: Remote classes were originally designed to be taught in person. Similar to the way Spring 2020 in-person classes were modified due to COVID-19, remote summer course content will be delivered synchronously. These classes show scheduled days and times.
- Online: Classes offered online will be taught in an online delivery mode and are delivered asynchronously, which means students can complete coursework throughout the week when it is convenient for them. There will be no scheduled class meetings. These classes qualify for the online housing rate.
- Hybrid: Classes designated as "hybrid remote/online" will be taught using a combination of online and remote instruction modes. This means that while some coursework may be completed online at a student's own pace (asynchronously), the class will also meet remotely at designated days/times each week.
- Courses that were initially offered in-person will be certified as in-person
- Remote courses will be certified as in-person.
- Hybrid courses will be certified as in-person.
- Main Campus online courses can only be certified as in-person if we have proof they were initially meant to be taught in-person but switched to online due to COVID-19. We will be working with the Registrar's Office to track which courses have been converted to online.
- Continuing Education classes (listed as term based, flex or self-paced) are online classes as described above.
- Review our Training Time Equivalency Table to make sure you are enrolled full-time for each summer session.
- A student must be in at least one course that will be certified as in-person during each summer term in order to receive MHA based on the Boulder rate.
Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your schedule. We are unable to answer phone calls to our office at this time.