Published: Feb. 24, 2017

All students (veterans and veteran dependents) must complete an application with the Department of Veterans Affairs. This application will start the process for you to receive your federal education benefit.  Once you receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility(CoE) in the mail, you will submit this to the CU Boulder Office of Veteran Services. The certification letter from the VA will state what federal education benefits you able to receive.  The VA has recently moved the application for veterans and active duty members using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill or Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve benefits to

Veterans who have not used benefits before apply online at  
Dependents, spouses and veterans that have used benefits at another school need to apply through the Veterans On-line Application at: VONAPP.

Please be sure to submit VA Certificate of Eligibility(CoE) and the Request for Enrollment Certification sheet to the CU Boulder Office of Veteran Services, located in the Center for Community, Fourth Floor, Room S482. You can also email a scanned copy to: