Published: Feb. 9, 2022

Emily here! As Venture Partners' new Director of Venture Development, I'd love to introduce myself. I'm stepping into the very big shoes of Sally Hatcher, who is moving on to lead a new venture capital fund focused on funding CU Boulder's deep tech startups. I'm joining Venture Partners from my work building the Colorado startup ecosystem at Rockies Venture Club (RVC). RVC, one of the largest angel investing groups in the country, connects and educates early-stage entrepreneurs and angel investors. During my time with the group, I taught educational workshops, coached entrepreneurs, hosted events, catalyzed new angel investors, and invested in innovative startups. Emily Klein

With Venture Partners, I am thrilled to be taking the lead on two important programs: Ascent Deep Tech Accelerator and I-Corps. Ascent is a new Venture Partners accelerator for deep tech startups coming out of the University of Colorado campuses in Boulder, Colorado Springs and Denver, supporting early-stage companies to accelerate their viability and traction over four months. I-Corps is an NSF-funded program designed to launch and support researchers and startups through training, mentorship and programming.

I believe in a future where diverse, sustainable, and creative companies lead our society; where venture capital is accessible to all; and where business drives impact as well as profit. I champion underrepresented founders and am a huge advocate for people who don't believe the system is built for them. 

I would love to be of help and my virtual door is always open; please reach out to me at emily.klein-1@colorado.edu to connect and learn more about getting involved in Venture Partners programs. Chat soon! 

Warmly,

Emily (Klein) Vogt
Director of Venture Development